Sunday, December 13, 2009

Have we created a monster?



Ok, I know I've bragged about Richie being a foodie just like his mama, but I think things have gone too far. This weekend, I cooked up the last 2 of the treasured 3 artichokes that were produced by our garden (we planted our own since they are so hard to find and we LOVE to eat them whole). While Richie was happily eating his own dinner, I started to eat mine. He took great interest in it and asked for "bite?"
Heck, I thought, I'll let him try one leaf and A) he won't be able to figure out how to eat it or B) he'll think the strange bitter leaf is yucky and he'll let me finish it in peace. Well, this clever boy picked up the leaf, eyed it like a pro at delicately bit off the tender inner core of the leaf like a gourmand! Of course his next move was to look at me, say "yum!" and ask for more. So Paul and I ended up sharing those last two precious artichokes with Richie, wondering if we've created a monster. I mean, really, kids are not supposed to like "grown up food" right?

No comments: